Friday, August 12, 2011

Vacation time!

Homegirl needs a vacay!

Seriously. Last week I had to make up two clinic shifts as well as go to my weekly scheduled shift. Each shift, 8 hours, plus the two hour round-trip commute. Last Friday, I also had a final, plus my gym time = no time for pup pups.

Remember me?

This week I started a 4-week summer course, which runs from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. I don’t get home until 3:30 - 4 p.m. and I had a make-up clinic shift this week, plus my usual shift. The hubs came home for a few days, and I’ve maybe seen him a total of 8 waking hours in the last three days.

Not to mention last week my parents and one of my brothers left for here:

They've spent a week in Israel (GO! It’s such an amazing country!)

Then they are spending the next week or so here:

Oh, yes, island hopping around the Seychelles. Mark’s parents live there, so this is the first time everyone has seen each other since the whirlwind wedding week.

And tomorrow my youngest brother leaves for here:

He is living in London-town for the next year for a work/study program. Minus the rioting, I love London (after all, I did get engaged there).

The newly engaged in front of Buckingham Palace

While look like Mark and I will be spending some of our winter break in the Seychelles, it’s a long time to get there, and unfortunately, never a long enough stay.

Where would I vacation if I could? Just a few off the top of my head:

Ireland

Scotland

Alaska

Sedona: spa day, ahem ... week?

Bali

Also, for those of you that don’t frequent this shop, I love Dogeared.com.

I’ve seen there jewelry in a lot of small boutiques, so you might be familiar with their products. But through August 24, they are having a 50% sale! Perfect for stocking up on gifts for girlfriends, moms, bridal parties, etc.

I don’t wear a lot of jewelry and what I do wear is usually simple, and that is Dogeared to a T. Plus, each piece usually has a special meaning or message behind it which makes it that much more thoughtful.

Of course I'm getting the skull :)

Enjoy the weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment