Friday, January 27, 2012

The Five: Refreshers


I have been absent due to the high demand my school work and competition prep has taken. With late-night studying and AM cardio sessions, here are some things that help me feel refreshed and get me through:


1. I LOVE this stuff. It gives me the energy & pick up I need without the shakiness that Red Bull & coffee can cause. I usually take a heaping scoop around 1p, to get me through my afternoon work out and to focus into the evening. And it taste so YUMMY, like healthy Kool-Aid! I prefer the grape, but it comes in orange, fruit punch & blue raspberry.
(You can get it at any Vitamin Shoppe or GNC) .

2. JASON Lavender Body Wash. The hubs bought this before he left a few weeks ago. Usually I like something more creamy (e.g. Dove) since I have super dry skin, but hubs is trying to go more organic, so I support him (except with the "healthy" toothpaste ... yuck!).
This stuff smells so good and calming, AND! the smell lasts so you feel clean all day!


3. I attempt to drink a gallon of water a day (I know, crazy, but when you work out for two hours a day, it's actually not that difficult). I really love water, but it does get boring. So here's a fun little recipe for water that not only tastes good, but can help you with digestion issues:

Sassy Water Recipes
(from the Flat-belly Diet)

~ 8.5 c. water
~ 1 TSP. grated ginger
~ 1 medium cucumber, sliced
~ 1 medium lemon, sliced
~ 12 spearmint leaves

Combine, let sit overnight in the fridge and enjoy!


4. I lost my face cream while traveling a few weeks ago. I used to have pretty scary and scaring cystic acne, and much to all skin care professionals dismay, I have to use a cleanser with 10% benzoyl peroxide, so I stick to drug store brand moisturizers as well. This is from the Yes! to brand. Who knew tomatoes can help your skin? It feels a little greasy (maybe heavier than I'm use to?) going on, but my skin stay soft and un-scaly all day. I might have to try their Acne Daily Pore Scrub.

5. And of course, these guys:

Martini-dog!

Morgan


No comments:

Post a Comment