Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Listing

Are you a list person?

I am. I have them everywhere. Grocery. Cleaning. To-do. To Remember.

Tuesdays are my day off, so often I get a lot on my list completed. Today’s list content:

Yes … neither of the top two are completed. Hopefully they get done. I hate anything involving packing or unpacking.

Why must I unpack?

I was back to Ohio this past weekend to celebrate this special lady’s round-number birthday:

me mum.

I was supposed to get in to Ohio on Friday night. However, about 20 minutes after taking off from Fort Lauderdale, our plane began losing the cabin pressure and air conditioning. No airbags dropped from the ceiling, but I thought my eardrums were going to burst!

We were quickly diverted to West Palm Beach, so I asked the Hubs (who luckily was still home!) to come pick me up. I convinced the Delta customer service rep to put me on the flight out from Fort Lauderdale in the morning (which was not allowed, but I didn't want to spend the night in a hotel room in Atlanta by myself, when I could cuddle with my dogs and spend one more night with the Hubs).

My dad had organized a surprise party for my mom. So much so, that even my brothers and I had no idea until hours before the party started!

a blurry surprise

my mom and grams

Mom is Lillified

Since I was in St. Maarten for my birthday and Christmas, and because all my family, minus one, was in town, we celebrated my birthday and Christmas again.

two birthday celebration ... okay!

My family spoiled me:

Can you tell I'm in contest prep: neoprene shorts, waist trimmer, cooler ...

By God’s grace, I was able to go to my cousin’s baby shower on Sunday before I left. I was a bit out of it, with the travel drama, the surprise party and a lot waiting on my plate for when I returned home. But it was really nice to see my family and Grams. I miss Ohio, though I don’t quite miss the frigid temperatures.

I didn’t get until Monday morning at 12:30a. Yikes! I had a quiz in my class, so I had to go to class with only hours of sleep. Thank God my husband cleaned the house (and the dogs!) before he left for the month. Clean sheets and clean pups are the best!

So I slept in today, got my double workout in, and have not started on my to-do list.

When I got home from the gym today, this was waiting for me:

Which contained this:

A thumbs up?

Since I graduate in a year (yeah!!!!!), I feel like I have to start thinking about work clothes again. I am not going to be a scrubby acupuncturist. And my business idea involves being a bit stylish (of course). So I have a feeling this dress will be worn a lot.

Okay, now to the list … which might be soundtracked (or sidetracked?!) by the double Teen Mom 2 and Dance Mom premier tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment