Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Jumping on the Bed

I’m sitting here, waiting for my new iPhone to arrive. Yes, I am turning in the ol’ Blackberry.

My husband has been begging me to get the iPhone, which was the plan until last December when my then BB Pearl died. The iPhone for Verizon wasn't out yet, so I was forced to use my upgrade for another BB.

But when the hubs was at the Verizon store the other day, he found out the sales associate wanted to get rid of his new iPhone because it couldn’t do something that the Droid or something not Apple could do. So he sold it to my husband for a discount and it’s supposedly on it way here. It was supposed to be sitting at my doorstep by 10:30 a.m. Nope. I figured at least by noon. Still no. So I am hoping it comes soon, even though my pool day is already ruined. :(

It’s not that bad though, as this will be arriving soon after:

Oh, yes I did.

On another note, remember that commercial awhile back when the guy is surfing the Web and eventually comes to the end of the Internet? That’s what I feel like today.

The Internet is boring me. Then I browse on over to Potterybarn.com, click on "bedding" and once again the world is right. I have a slight obsession with bedding. I know, it surprised even me.

When I was a teenager I remember begging my parents for a teal and purple duvet set (I didn’t even know what a duvet was!) with palm trees from Roxy. I think I cleaned the entire house every week for a month.

During college, I would buy a new duvet every year. And once I moved on my own, with all my borrowed furniture and three jobs, I splurged on two bedding sets (I couldn’t decide. Obviously I bought one, and went back a few days later to buy the other).

And I’m picky. For our wedding, I only registered for sheets, because I couldn’t find a duvet set I, ahem, we liked. A few weeks after the wedding, PotteryBarn was having a sale on bedding, so obviously I had to buy something. The current print:

But I am getting the itch again. Since we don’t own a house, and we will be moving again in the next year or so I don’t want to clutter the apartment with a lot of stuff. So my decorating has been limited to the bedroom. Ultimately I’d love to repaint the bedroom, but we have a four-poster bed and a huge-ass TV on the wall that I’m not about to touch. And I know Mark will not want to spend a weekend at home repainting a perfectly good paint job. So I have been looking at bedding.

Here are a few of my favorites:

I might have to have the decor ... and the room, too.

It's bananas.


Love the pillows too! And the photo arrangement. Ahhh. PB ...

P.S. The phone has since arrived! Off to the Verizon store and much dreaded grocery shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment