Saturday, December 31, 2011

I love PINK!!!!

Just not when it involved my eye ...


Yesterday, I brought out the my old eyeglasses. And not just because I had an early morning flight back to Miami.

It was because of this:
(Parton the no make up)

EW!

Seriously?! I've NEVER had pink eye in my entire life. But with my luck, one week into turning 28 and I get an infection 8 year-olds get!

I actually woke about 1 am yesterday morning to find my eye "glued" shut. Luckily we were still on the boat, which has an emergency medical kit that could revival some ambulances.

The hubs was able to find some eye ointment, and I've been treating it with that (meaning, he holds my eye open and applies the gels, and I whimper and kick even though it doesn't hurt at all).

However, as I mentioned in my last post, I am currently training for a competition in a few weeks.

I'm suppose to go workout, and I feel that my glasses hinder me. I'm blind without some type of corrective help, but my right eye is still a bit red. I mentioned that maybe I should just wear the left contact lens and "pirate" my way through the workout. (To which my husband said, "Knowing our household we most likely have a pirate patch somewhere ..." ).

And he's not wrong:
I threw him a pirate party ... about 4 years ago ... think people will notice if I wear it at the gym?

I'd like to discuss my resolution, but I need to ponder them a bit more ... perhaps as I'm blindly stepping on the Stair Master.

I hope you all have a great night! Happy and healthy 2012!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment