Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Patina

I hope everyone had an amazing Labor Day. I enjoyed my extra day off, seeing as I start not

only a new class tomorrow, but also it’s my first board review class. There is a test every class as well as two exams! Yikes!

I spent my Labor Day hitting up the mall, a movie with a friend, sunning poolside (thank goodness for ocean breezes) and watching the Picker Sisters marathon yesterday.

It’s such a design-inspiring show. I texted the hubs telling him we needed a house with a backyard large enough for a work shed, with lots of tools and welding equipment.

Anyway, through watching the show, you start to pick up the lingo. One of the words mentioned a lot was, “patina.” I had no idea what it meant, and they got so excited about it, that I had to Google it.

The first thing that popped up was www.patinastores.com. It’s a series of stores in Minnesota selling really unique and interesting housewares, jewelry as well as a host of other things. A lot of items are reminiscing of the 1950s-60s.

And a lot of the items are one, inexpensive, and two unique. With the holidays coming up, I am always trying to find interesting gifts to give. Its one thing to give someone body lotion from Bath and Body Works (which I do love), but how pretty is this lotion.

And the smell: Gin andRosewater!

Below is a list of other items I thought would make beautiful gifts.

Oh, and patina is a tarnish that forms on the surface of metals like bronze and the like.
Check out the Web site for really cool design ideas with all their signs

How pretty are these coverlets?
Totally would want this on my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment