Thursday, September 15, 2011

Butterfly Effect and A Baby Shower

I know, I've been a terrible blogger lately. But since my last weekend in Cincinnati, this week has been a whirlwind. I haven't since down since, oh, um, last Thursday.

I spent the weekend in Cincinnati for a baby shower of one of my closest friends. It was a quick trip home. I spend all Saturday running around pick up last-minute needs for the shower. Luckily, I did get an early dinner with the bestie, stopped by my old church for Saturday-night service and got to have dinner with grams Sunday night.

But have you heard of the butterfly effect? I feel like this week has been all cray-cray due to my late flight back down to Florida.

Monday morning I woke up at 5:15a to catch my flight back to Ft. Lauderdale. Well, actually my flight wasn't until 9:15a, but my dad does contract work (I never know what he does, but it's with computers and implementing a specific system) and flies out every Monday to his job in another state. To save my mom a trip to the airport I decided to leave with pops.

It was nice being early for once! I can't tell you how many times I called Mark on the way to airport crying that I was going to miss my flight. Though I never missed one, I did learned how to sprint in heels with a carry-on pretty damn well. This time, I enjoyed a coffee and some studying for my quiz later that night.

My return flight was great ... until we got to FLL. Due to wind shears, we had to circle for 45 minutes. Then with our fuel supply depleting and the weather not letting up, the pilot landed the plane in West Palm Beach. After refueling and some paperwork, we took the short ride back to FLL.

I was supposed to have landed at 11:45a. Instead I didn’t get off the plane until 2:30p. I had two hours to pick up the dogs, pick up something to eat (a hungry T is an ANGRY T), try to shower and head out to class, where I would be until 11p.

That was followed by my full day of clinic on Tuesday, which I finally got home around 9:15p, and had to study for another quiz. … Which I promptly failed as I feel asleep in the middle of Teen Mom.

When my four alarms went off Wednesday morning to wake me for my 5:30a workout, I torn the iPod out of alarm clock’s charging deck and threw it on the ground. I vaguely remember this, but I know it happened because I found the iPod in the corner of the room when I finally dragged myself out of bed at 7a. I had to get my workout in on Wednesday afternoon, then came home, found the couch, napped, ate something, then slept.

And I found out my hubbie is coming home this weekend for our first marriage anniversary (I can't believe it!) So after waking up late again, I spent all day cleaning and finishing projects around the house.

So the damn butterfly that caused the wind shears made me feel like I was late to EVERYTHING this week. Not focused at all. I will be happy when the weekend is here.

Anyway, back to the baby shower. Christie and her husband Eric are some of my closest friends. I may only have a handful of college memories that doesn’t involve them and that’s mostly because neither were in my sorority … though both helped surprise and deliver gifts to sorority Littles.

Christie and I went to high school together, so my girlfriends that were in town came to the shower, too. It was so good seeing them, and I am just sad I live so far away! I just I just need to remember how blessed I am to still have them in my life, regardless of miles.

So I will leave you with some photos of the shower:

my pretty ladies

Christie's mother and aunt goofing for the camera

The momma-to-be (How cute is that little one-sie rolled up to a lollipop?)

Ripping open gifts :)

Cutting the cake

I have a strange fear of touching baby bellies, so I listened baby instead.

The high school ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment